Jeremiah 10:23Lord, I know that people’s lives are not their own;
it is not for them to direct their steps.
Just after the gender u/s my first girl name suggestion was 'Providence'. Jason laughed and said that sounded like Puritan for "oops baby", so we moved on. I did think it was pretty.
2. I was just asked several times IF I am pregnant. Ya think? This isn't even an action shot. You should see me walk, or not. What comes after the waddle stage? I'm there.
3. I've been pampered with mani/pedi, haircut and last pregnancy massage. All of that was last week though and my haircut isn't noticeable over my distracting belly. That's alright. I don't mind. (What polish will last on fingernails? Sad to already have to remove the chipping color.)
4. Started this pregnancy heavier but have only gained an additional 12-15lbs so far (fluctuating up and down from one week to the next). I usually gain 30-35, nice change!
5. Today a dear adult commented that I looked really pretty, as long as you only looked at my face. (I won't put your name but had to record this one, priceless! Not everyone appreciates the about-to-pop look.)
6. My parents needed to bring the girls home to start school and I figured certainly I'd be birthing by last week at the latest, so they stayed.
Sophie and Caleb's first day of school:
Everyone chipping in to carry supplies to the classrooms (across the street):
They've been here helping with the kids and watching me gestate for 11 days now. Oh yeah baby. Of my previous four pregnancies Lydia's was the only one that lasted this long.
7. It is petty but I really don't like the thought of this baby coming at 39 weeks just like Lydia. Even less appealing would be going to 40 weeks or more putting her into Sept, Lydia's birth month. No superstition or anything, just don't like it and hadn't mentally gone there before today. His timing is perfect. I know that.
8. I'm still crafting/nesting! In fact this pic doesn't have all the latest in it, will replace tomorrow if I get a chance:
9. Apparently I have a color scheme going, accidentally. Some things I do like carrying over from Lydia. Her hot pink wheelchair cover and orange adjustable parts left me endeared to the combo. Not only the crafts but the (gifted!) diaper bags and more are reflecting that delight.
Nathan'smommy sent orange and pink flowers for the anniv of Lydia's death and I've yet to post a pic. Enjoy the beauty with me:
10. Now at 38 weeks and 2 days, 4cm and 90%. My midwife is predicting labor by the weekend or sooner. I'm sitting on go, just waiting on some hard contractions and hopefully we'll have another quick labor. I'm trying to suspend all expectations. Rest. Chill. Peace. Nest.